Membership Accountant Role
Fueled Collective, originally COCO, is a pioneer in the coworking and collaborative space industry. With 5 locations that include working, meeting, and event business, the business is in the need to add a key position.
If you are an enthusiastic person who loves numbers and being around smart creatives, then Fueled Collective is a place you want to be. Each day brings new opportunities and challenges for you to grow personally and professionally. Plus, you get to work from some of the most creative spaces in the Twin Cities.
Primarily working in our HQ location in the historic Minneapolis Grain Exchange building in Downtown Minneapolis, this position works closely with the executive team of the company and reports directly to the CEO. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all accounting activities, budget development and tracking, and all membership accounting activities. In essence, he/she is the numbers-centric team member who keeps all decisions grounded in the facts of the numbers, and acts as a support person for all executives on the team. Their job is to help the team understand the full cost of doing and not doing any action in the business.
- All accounting functions
- Financial and metrics reporting
- Cash-flow management
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Monthly financial reports to CEO and executive team
- Daily electronic deposit and reconciliations are made on a timely basis
- Accounts payable entry, filing, and weekly checks
- Accounts receivable reconciliation and follow-up
- Membership reconciliation, additions, cancellations and changes
- Credit card and bank account reconciliations
- Accrual based accounting entries
- Weekly management reports production and maintenance
- Manage cash flow, including projections
- Budgeting/forecasting for business needs
- Manage and coordinate external CPA firm on year-end tax reporting
- Primary contact with the bank on loan and funding requests
- Coordinate payroll on a bimonthly basis with vendor
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Business owner of Octane, the company’s customer member management system.
- Employee HR coordination (including PTO, benefits, etc.)
- New employee onboarding and offboarding coordination
- Coordinate the provision of information for capitalized and expensed expenditures
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Monitor all lease renewal and notice requirements
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and four years of progressively responsible experience for a membership-based company, mid-sized company, or division of a large corporation where he/she has been exposed to all aspects of accounting.
This is a wonderful full-time position that would enable you to work amongst truly inspiring people within the Twin Cities small business and entrepreneurial community. In addition, you get the opportunity to work in some of the most beautiful and creative spaces in town. This position is based in Downtown Minneapolis at the Minneapolis Grain Exchange Building.
Skills, qualities, and requirements:
- Four-year accounting degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- Strong accounting background
- Previous experience with a membership database and QuickBooks Pro
- Advanced Excel and/or Google sheets experience
- Attention to details is a must and good member communication skills via email
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines
- Ability to work all the way through financial statement presentation to Board of Directors
Type of position: Full Time Salaried Position with Benefits that include:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Fully covered dental with health insurance stipend
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays & Paid Birthday Day Off (PBDO)
- Paid parking
- A phenomenal place to work alongside inspiring people!