We co-hosted the inaugural Coffee & Closers event at Fueled Collective Downtown Minneapolis with Bedore Business Group on Tuesday, September 12. This event is a chance to tap into the sales strategies and processes used by leaders in Minnesota. The first interview did not disappoint! We heard from Garrett Kramer who is currently the VP of Sales at ResortsandLodges.com. His past experience includes companies we’ve all heard of in the startup ecosystem like When I Work and Infor and he boasts some rather impressive growth and sales numbers during his tenure at these companies. Garrett was kind enough to spend an hour with us and share how he has built his career and grow the bottom lines of the companies he has worked for.
A few takeaways from the chat with Garrett:
- Develop a good impact statement.
- Figure out how to unqualify your leads as quickly as possible – no one likes to have their time wasted.
- Find a mentor.
- Keep your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at top of mind and measure them.
- Pick up the phone.
- Help people buy, don’t try to sell them.
- Automation doesn’t close deals but it can help you – use it wisely.
- Learn from others – read books and listen to podcasts about business and sales.
Here are a few of Garrett’s favorite tools, podcasts, and books.
We’re doing this all over again in October with Aaron Eggert of iSpace. Join us for our startup week edition of Coffee & Closers on October 10 at 9 am at Fueled Collective Downtown.
What is Coffee & Closers?
Coffee & Closers is a monthly event where we interview a local sales leader. The goal of this gathering is for attendees to authentically receive process design, tools used, and tips on what works to successfully grow revenue. You’ll get a peek into some of the top sales minds that took places like When I Work, Fision, and Infor from good companies to great companies. This series for entrepreneurs, small businesses, intraprenuers, solopreneurs, nerds, creators, inventors & everyone in between!